Silicon Valley is known for its relentless drive for innovation. However, even in this tech-savvy mecca, life is not all work and no play. To the contrary, people in Silicon Valley understand that real innovation should start when the sun goes down.
In fact, the nightlife in Silicon Valley is surprisingly active, full of options for every taste or preference.
1. Cocktail lounges. When it comes to after hours fun, there are few scenes more iconic than a cocktail lounge. These bars keep it simple with a classic flair that is inviting to adults from all walks of life. Fortunately, there are many options in Silicon Valley, each with its own distinctive ambiance. One of the best places to start is the Dive Bar, which features a full bar and six TVs in addition to a big screen. This quintessential cocktail lounge has a nightly happy hour, offering guests good drinks, good atmosphere and a good time. Oasis is another popular choice. This cocktail lounge has more of a sports flair, with pools, darts and other games. Fahrenheit Ultra Lounge & Restaurant is one of Silicon Valley's hippest choices, even being titled the "Best Ultra Lounge" in 2005 and 2006 by both Metro and Wave Magazine.
2. Comedy clubs. After a long day of work, most people just want to relax. There is no better way to get rid of stress than laughter. To pass the night with a smile, be sure to check out a comedy club in Silicon Valley. ComedySportz has been making visitors laugh for years. Though some might suspect that it has a sports-slant, its name actually derives from the idea of comedy as a sport. If that is the case, then ComedySportz definitely wins.
3. Music. If live music is preferred, there are also nightlife scenes that feature such performances. Although there are many venues that feature live music of varying styles, for the very best, JJ's Blues is a must-visit. It was recently awarded the title of "Best Blues Club in Silicon Valley" by Metro, and with 21 years of live music, seven nights a week, it is perhaps no surprise. Even those who normally do not listen to the blues can come and relax in the electric ambiance, appreciating quality music in addition to an overall mellow atmosphere.
4. Casinos. Silicon Valley is about pushing the envelope. Since people work so hard during the day, it is perhaps no surprise that they play hard after hours as well. Thankfully, for those who do not want to hedge their bets when it comes to nighttime entertainment, casinos like Bay 101 are here. Located in San Jose, Bay 101 features ample gaming options, including gambling staples such as poker, blackjack, and Baccarat. There are also specialty games such as three-card poker and Pai Gow poker for those who appreciate an extra challenge. Bay 101 may be a lively nighttime experience, but this bustling casino is open all day, every day, ready for action whenever work is done.
5. Specialty bars. There is a range of other distinctive choices for nightlife in Silicon Valley. To kick back and enjoy the latest game, sports bars like SmokeEaters Hot Wings are available. Britannia Arms is a local British-style pub with live music, large TVs and even a heated patio. For upscale relaxation, Tessora's Barro de Vino is an elegant wine and dessert bar that features live music and delectable food selections.
These options are just a selection of the nightlife opportunities. When the day is over in Silicon Valley, it is clear that the fun is just beginning.For more information about Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay visit http://mountainviewfun.com